From: Chuck Allison (cda_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-16 15:49:16

It is allowed in member function bodies for normal scoping purposes. As you
know, the use of using declarations in classes is for the purpose of
restoring access lost by protected or private inheritance. Allowing what you
propose would confuse things, IMO. What exactly would using foo::whatever
mean, if it were not a member of a base class?