From: Hamish Mackenzie (hamish_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-16 17:47:42

On Tue, 2002-04-16 at 22:56, David Abrahams wrote:
> > Which started getting slow around N=18 (took 18.15 seconds).
>
> I'm not exactly sure what the above shows. It looks as though you've
> partially-specialized fold<> to work on lists with project1st... is it
> faster than the unspecialized version?

Much, I never waited for N=18 to complete but N=9 took 113 seconds.

> If you're interested in contributing optimized versions of some of the
> MPL algorithms I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.

I'd be glad to give it a crack, but will need to be able to get at the
raw list. In a perfect world this could be done by making listNN<> a template
typedef, but until then could we change it so that listNN<>::type
is the list_node<>?

Hamish