From: Giovanni Bajo (giovannibajo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-17 11:30:29

----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas Gregor" <gregod_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 6:15 AM
Subject: Re: [boost] Loki Functor

> Issue: function chaining
> - Loki Functor: supports chaining of function objects (call first
function
> object, then second function object).
> - Boost.Function: no equivalent.
> - My opinion: useful tool, but it belongs in a functional composition
> library and not in a function object wrapper.
> - Proposed resolution: maybe add chain() to boost::functional?

I second this feature, I need function chaining everyday, and I've myself
brought up the issue some days ago (you replied suggesting the use of lambda
library, but I'd still like to have a solution that doesn't use lambda, for
several reasons). Also, the syntactic sugar I've proposed (operator+) still
looks good to me.

Giovanni Bajo