From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-17 12:10:00

I am pleased to announce that we finally have a mailing list archive
search facility that works!

David Ascher of ActiveState has generously offered to mirror the boost
list at

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Browse/Threaded/boost/.

It's a superb web interface with boolean searching and hit highlighting.

I want everyone to know that this was a non-trivial operation,
involving:

Carl Daniel, who worked long and hard to collect the original list
archives from yahoo and convert them to mbox format

Brian Barrett, our mailing list sysadmin at Indiana University's Open
Systems Lab, who collected an up-to-date archive file for the
ActiveState people

Lena Gubarev, the ActiveState web developer who worked out the *many*
kinks involved with importing a list with Boost's massive history. Very
special thanks to Lena for responding to my many problem reports and
queries. This had to be a significant cost in ActiveState's manpower.

Enjoy!
-Dave

                  David Abrahams
      C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) O__ ==