From: boost (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-18 13:53:49

Salut Jörg,

On Thursday 18 April 2002 00:31, Joerg Walter wrote:

> OTOH, in a generic algorithm one shouldn't care to use a matrix container
> or a matrix view. May be, the main question is: what do you need to achieve
> with matrix::swap?

function( matrix& Q)
{
        size_t size1 = ...
        size_t size1 = ...

        matrix WorkSpace( size1, size2 );

        WorkSpace = .... some Operations involving Q

        Q.swap( WorkSpace);
}

of course I could avoid using swap by assigning the workspace, but
it would be more expensive with respect to memory allocation and unneccessary
copies.

Best wishes,
Peter

P.S. Since yesterday I have a minimal working version of my project.
Therefore I will start implementing all the things I've promised, since I'll
need it. ( DiffAri, LapackForUblas, ... )