From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-18 17:08:48

At 08:26 PM 4/17/02 -0700, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

>By and large, my belief is that new, worthwhile programming idioms
>ought to influence compiler implementations.

Yes, and one of the consequences of both the Boost and Loki libraries has
been for compiler suppliers to pay more attention to newer idioms.

Because there is a one to two year lag between a compiler supplier
realizing there is a need for change and improvements actually appearing in
production compilers, it isn't always obvious that anything is happening.

Boosters can help; let the compiler suppliers know (particularly via public
forums like newsgroups and technical meetings) that you do care about the
newer idioms used by libraries like Boost and Loki.

--Beman