From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-19 15:35:44

"Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> [...]
> Good idea, thank you. I have added an experimental boost/intrusive_ptr.hpp
> to the CVS. [...]

Nice. I agree that your implementation is better. I think this would make
nice addition to boost::smart_ptr, until we can agree on a policy-based
design, which is obviously getting a lot of different opinions right now
(which
is probably good).

> struct X: public boost::counted_base
> [...]

Except that right now, counted_base is in the detail namespace. ;) It's
easy
enough to pull it up, though. I like the fact that counted_base is a usable
reference implementation for a reference-counted base. I also like the fact
that if I don't want to use weak_ptrs with my classes, I can simply create
my own base class and not pay for the weak_count. Now all I want is a
serial_ptr. ;)

Dave