From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-22 16:39:45

From: "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]>
> I'm not sure what you mean by I/O, but the 'calendar' is responsible
> for defining the mapping between the label form (eg: 2002-1-1) and
> a counted form. The counted form is used form is used for calculation
> and comparisons.

But it seems to me that I need to write "gregorian::date" instead of
just "date" or perhaps "date<long>".

I expect that I should be able to do write something like

date d;
cin >> set_calendar(gregorian) >> d;
cout << set_calendar(french_revolutionary) << d;

The date, d, contains a value representing a day that has many
names according to different calendar systems. The name only matters
for input and output.

Mark