From: Richard Damon (rdamon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-23 22:15:00

Wrong. Gregorian dates are not dependant on where your are in this way. What
is dependant is which colander was in use.

Gregorian (Sept 14, 1752)-1 = Gregorian(Sept 13, 1752) = Julian(Sept 2,
1752)

In America this date would have been written in Julian dates, in Holland in
Gregorian dates. Do not confuse the complication of determining which
calendar was in use with making a calendar system more complicated. What
would be complicated would be a "local calendar date" calendar, which would
be a function of where, and when (and possibly even for what use) the date
is expressed for. The what use comes because the Julian Calendar originally
changed years in March, but for some purposes it was being changed to change
on January 1st, because of this sometimes dates in January and February were
given a double year like 1705/06. The Gregorian calendar always began in
January.