From: Michael D. Crawford (crawford_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-28 18:28:55

>I am relatively new to this list and I was wondering if there has been any
>discussion of providing XML support in boost. If not, is there another
>cross platform C++ library for handling XML?

You will want to use the Xerces-C library (actually C++) available at:

http://xml.apache.org/

It works on many platforms. I used it for a Mac and Windows cross-platform
product and it works just great.

The most common FAQ for the C++ version involves some memory management issues.
  If you're using Visual C++ on Windows, be sure you have the same runtime model
for the library as for the client code. Otherwise you will get asserts when you
try to delete transcoded text.

And to prevent memory leaks, read my article here:

http://www.goingware.com/tips/xmlmemory.html

--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com/