From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-30 09:11:48

I posted this sketch a few weeks ago; it was received with deafening
silence:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/1182036

I'd love to know whether it was not understood, considered trivial,
irrelevant, or something else.

To frame it differently, it seems to me that for most cases, the correct
smart pointer behavior to use upon copy construction/copy
assignment/destruction can be determined by the smart pointer's value
type. It may make good sense to also provide a way to add additional
layers of behavior such as checking or other adaptations, but that we
may be able to considerably simplify the interface problem using this
technique.

                  David Abrahams
      C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) O__ ==
      Pythonista (http://www.python.org) c/ /'_ ==