From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-30 17:28:50

Hi All,

Boost 1.27 contained bugs of various sorts which are causing me to have
to answer lots of "why won't this build?!?" questions. In particular,
the threads lib had a problem with extern "C" linkage which is causing a
failure for lots of people. The Python lib also had problems on a few
compilers. Naturally, users blame the build system. At the same time,
the reliability of Boost.Build has been considerably improved, and it
now gives helpful hints for building the python library (which also
helps those who want to build the rest of boost and don't care about
Python).

Aside from those problems which are costing time and energy, we have a
new mailing list archive, newsgroups have been activated, and other
improvements have been made. The website has not been updated to reflect
this, though some of the CVS html has been. Not having up-to-date
information available to the public causes an additional drain on our
resources. I would like to make a maintenance release quickly, before we
move to a more... contemplative... release process.

Thoughts?

-Dave

                  David Abrahams
      C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) O__ ==