From: Noel Yap (yap_noel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-01 10:06:12

--- Thomas Witt <witt_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> 'Cause some vendors still insist on selling
> proprietary (i.e non Unix)
> operating systems.

Isn't that what Cygwin is for :-) (Yeah, I know there
are other OS's out there other than Unix and Windows).

> Seriously as discussed earlier aam does not quite
> fit. As absurd as it may
> sound boost jam needs less machinery and is better
> suited for multiplatform
> (Compiler & OS) development(as opposed to
> deployment).

Now that you mentioned the OS portabality problem, I
understand. Please excuse this next stupid question:
How can I search the archives other than by date (eg
by keyword)?

> According to what I've
> > read, there seems to be a push to keep using jam.
> > What would it take to move towards the more
> > established means of building and installing?
>
> Someone doing the actual work. Personally I am very
> sceptical whether having
> two systems will work, but we will never be sure
> unless somebody actually
> tries to implement _and_ maintain aam for boost.

I'd volunteer but learning how to develop with aam is
still on my to do list.

Thanks,
Noel