From: Pål Frogner Hansen (pal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-02 06:26:11
My problem has been that I've been unable to build the python-examples. Somehow, jam has not been able to work out the different
variables on my system, so this is what I did:
* I used the meny-item "Visual Studio .NET Command Prompt" (runs vsvars32.bat; important variable-"fixes")
* I downloaded the latest version from cvs
* I copied the vc7-directory to the root, "C:\Vc7" ie. no spaces in path!
* I use these variables: PYTHON_ROOT, PYTHON_VERSION, VC7_ROOT (undocumented I think)
* As a tool I use the undocumented vc7: -sTOOLS="vc7"
Any undocumented info is from David Abrahams.
One of the crucial "bugs" here is related to jam's improper handling of spaces in paths, methinks...
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk