From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-02 15:49:10

----- Original Message -----
From: <Bjorn.Karlsson_at_[hidden]>

> > The most obvious job I can think of in light of this discussion is a
> > "maintenance nanny": this person would keep track of submitted
patches
> > and make sure someone is responding to them. This person
> > should also be
> > responsible for keeping track of who is each library's maintainer,
> > reassigning maintenance duties if that person disappears, and
keeping
> > the web pages listing of maintainers up-to-date.
>
> Well, even with the risk of being called "The nanny" for the rest of
my
> life, I hereby volunteer...

Bjorn, thanks a lot; I hereby dub you Boost Maintenance Wizard!
(hope you don't mind the change in title ;-)).

Please send me (privately) your SourceForge UserID so I can give you
access to the CVS for the HTML and some other info

----
BTW, ideas for other Wizard jobs are taking shape:
"Review Wizard" to keep the schedule, round up review
managers, find out why scheduled reviews don't start on time, etc.
"Installation Wizard" seems to be a position forming around Bill Kempf
;-)
"Mailing List Wizard" to be our expert with MailMan, search facilities,
etc.
"Website Wizard" to be responsible for the overall health of the Website
(correct HTML, broken links, updating important breaking news)
"Rationale Wizard" to collect and document rationales for various boost
decisions (library rationales are separate, maintained by the library
maintainers).
"Release Wizard" ...
"Testing Wizard" ...
I'm sure we can think of others. Hopefully, these jobs depend mostly on
watchfulness; the intention is not to direct lots of the work towards
any given Wizard, but to have someone who we know is paying attention
and who can manage the work being done in any given area.
Thoughts?
-Dave