From: Fredrik Blomqvist (f_blq_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-03 12:36:59

nice to hear that the patch works on VC7!

>#ifndef
>BOOST_NO_DEPENDENT_TYPES_IN_TEMPLATE_VALUE_PARAMETERS
> template<typename T, template<typename>
>class U>
> inline U<T> sinc_pi(const U<T> x)
>
>This works for MSVC6 but really is not quite correct
>as this isn't really the correct compiler
>deficiency.This is a template template non a
>dependant template type parameter. The problem is
>MSVC7 does support the latter but not the former!

Heh, the 'BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_TEMPLATE_PARAMETERS' was
acutually the tag I was looking for (but didn't find)
So I kindof assumed that
BOOST_NO_DEPENDENT_TYPES_IN_TEMPLATE_VALUE_PARAMETERS
was the 'catch-all' tag. I guess I should have put a
(?) in the readme about it.
Regarding the introduction (or not) of the
'NO_TEMPLATE_TEMPLATE' tag, my top-of-the head guess
is that several more compilers would benefit from it.
Dependent types are arguably a much more common case,
and thus better supported.

Next, regarding the abs() issue, I would really like
to hear if anyone has a stable work-around (ie to be
put in BOOST/config.hpp or similar).
The most malicous with it is that it sneaks in without
a warning (lev-3 warnings) and produces defective
code!
(The quat_test compiles and says 'all ok' for
instance.., fortunately I knew about the issue and
also spotted the bad data that occured as a result..)

/Fredrik Blomqvist