From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-06 08:40:46

From: "David B. Held" <dheld_at_[hidden]>
> Yes, this is an interesting point; but also unfortunate, in my opinion. I
> think
> template template parameters *are* useful in many situations, and not
using
> them simply relieves the pressure on compiler vendors.

Template template parameters are a bit inflexible. When the code calls for
template<class> class, you can't provide template<class, class = default>
class. Structs with nested templates don't have this problem.

Plus, in general, compile-time metaprogramming needs everything to be a
class for uniformity. You might want to be able to make a compile-time list
out of policies.