From: Tim Hawes (Tim.Hawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-06 14:07:09

On Sat, 2002-05-04 at 07:39, John Maddock wrote:
> Please try again with the latest cvs sources - there was a bug in the new
> external template code which should now be fixed. I've also tested regex on
> sun solaris with gcc2.95 (with sun's linker), and everything builds links
> and runs cleanly (I used the makefiles for this, for some reason I couldn't
> get jam to build, and I ran out of time trying to figure out the problem).

Thanks John,

I got it to compile with the makefiles and even got it compiled with
stlport after modifying gcc.mak. My program compiled against it just
fine, and runs w/o core dumps. Life is good!

It is generally bad to write production software that depends on beta
libraries, but I really have not been satisfied with any other regex
library, and this was time sensitive. Thanks again!