From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-11 19:30:53

----- Original Message -----
From: "David LeBlanc" <whisper_at_[hidden]>

> "Other topics related to boost development may be acceptable, at the
> discretion of moderators. If unsure, go ahead and post. The moderators
will
> let you know."

Exactly. The moderators have let you know; this is OT for the boost
developers' list. Please note, also:
"Off-topic posts
Discussions which stray from the acceptable topics are strongly
discouraged. While off-topic posts are often well meaning and not as
individually corrosive as other abuses, cumulatively the distraction
damages the effectiveness of discussion."

I realize this is a bit far down the page; perhaps we should move it closer
to the top, pushing down the more obvious items like "flame wars".
Opinions?

> * Boost uses STL
> * Greater understanding of STL assists in using and/or developing Boost
(?)
> * Boost ml volume is low currently, and this request for information
didn't
> intrude on any passionate discussions that have recently been going on,
nor
> would I think that the topic is completely lacking in interest for boost
> users.

The problem is that the volume is usually too high even for the most active
participants. If we have a thread going about which STL books are good when
the volume picks up again, it's going to be a problem. Finally, this is the
boost developers' list. If you want to post in a forum for boost users, see
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boost-Users/.

Thanks,
Dave