From: Terje Slettebø (tslettebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-13 18:45:48

>From: "David B. Held" <dheld_at_[hidden]>

> "Terje Slettebø" <tslettebo_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > [...]
> > Yes, I know. What's ICE, by the way? (Aside from the Boost library
> > with the same name. :) )
>
> Internal Compiler Error. You're a very lucky man if you haven't evoked
> one of these gems from bcc yet. ;)

Ah. :) Well, I've got a zillon other error messages, when working with BCC.
Another thing is that, using the IDE, it's often totally clueless about
where an error occured. It may give an error message, but give a completely
wrong line number for it, so you have to guess which line it is.

> > That's why I, like I said in the previous posting, thought I'd have to
use
> > type-only code, where possible.
> > [...]
>
> It's extremely annoying when working with stuff like the compile-time
> if. Especially considering that traits like is_same() return a value, and
> not a type.

Yeah. As a workaround for Loki's TypeTraits<T>::ParameterType, I made a
compile-time if (it's called Select, in Loki, so I called it TypeSelect)
that returned the types True and False, actually, defined as simply "typedef
Int2Type<true> True; typedef Int2Type<false> False;". Type2Type is like
MPL's int_t, I think.

Regards,

Terje