From: John Maddock (john_maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-14 05:32:34

> I understand. Maybe the safest bet, if the BCC compiler is detected, to
use
> type-only algorithms, where possible. It appears that wherever you use an
> int, you can use a type instead, for it. There are some cases that makes
> this hard to do, though, like use of sizeof. No matter what I've tried, I
> haven't got a couple of algorithms that relies on Convertible (like
> boost::is_convertible) to work, namely MostDerived, and DerivedToFront.
I've
> tried very hard to get these to work, but it appears that the integer
> calculations messes it up, and sizeof returns an int.

is_convertible doesn't work with bcb5 when the To type has a constructor
conversion (rather than a builtin conversion). The good news is that
is_convertible is working well with all types with bcb6 (which means that
is_enum now works for bcb6 as well), I suspect that your templates will also
get more mileage from bcb6, but you will still need
::fully::qualified::names I'm afraid:-(

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm