From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-15 18:41:15

Our current merge procedure requires us to keep track of which files have
already been merged once to the main trunk. For releases like this one,
where lots of documentation changes were made in the release candidate
branch, that can be really inconvenient. I suggest we tag each new release
candidate branch with RC_<version>_last_merge the moment the branch is
established. That way

    cvs update -jRC_<version>_last_merge -jRC_version

can always be used to merge to the trunk.

Also, how do you make sure you tag the correct version of last_merge?
Someone can always come in and check in a new version on the branch after
you've merged it to the trunk. Is this a serious CVS limitation?

-Dave

                  David Abrahams
      C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) O__ ==
      Pythonista (http://www.python.org) c/ /'_ ==