From: Steve M. Robbins (steven.robbins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-21 19:56:24

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 11:02:02AM -0400, David A. Greene wrote:

> Just as an additional point of information, I also have had
> some linker problems with regex. The original message didn't
> contain all of the error messages, but what was given
> corresponds to what I'm seeing. I also get undefined
> reference for a lot of std library stuff (such
> as_STL::ios_base::_Loc_init::_Loc_init(void)) and g++
> runtime stuff (such as __static_initialization_and_destruction_0).

Ah! The penny drops...

The debian boost packages are build using stlport, so you need
to compile using

  g++ -I/usr/include/stlport foo.cc -lboost_regexp -lstlport

I built "Tha Project"'s test program this way, and it links
okay. It doesn't run, though ... it seems that something in
stlport is throwing an exception at the following line

     regex expression("(\\S\\S){[Ayw]}(\\S)/");

Let me know if this solves your problems.
-Steve

--
by Rocket to the Moon,
by Airplane to the Rocket,