From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-23 06:16:47

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Maddock" <john_maddock_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 6:34 AM
Subject: Re: [boost] Recent config changes?

> > Have we had config changes which might have caused
BOOST_MSVC_STD_ITERATOR
> > to be defined even when STLPort is in use? I'm pretty sure it wasn't
that
> > way before...
>
> Yes we have, someone complained about it not being set in that case, so I
> re-enabled it, re-ran the tests and everything seemed OK. Is something
> breaking now?

Yes! Did you test with STLPort? boost/detail/iterator.hpp is making the
assumption that they're mutually exclusive.
I can work around it for this one file, but what could the possible
justification be for enabling BOOST_MSVC_STD_ITERATOR with STLPort? It's
supposed to mean

    "Microsoft's broken version of std::iterator is being used. This
implies that std::iterator takes no more than two template parameters, and
that std::reverse_iterator takes at least two template parameters."

And that's clearly false with STLPort.

-Dave