From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-25 01:53:04

I strongly second this view. A wide range of numerics and statistics
problame require ALL
the components of matrix, BLAS, and LAPACK, eigenthings, FFT,
and a full set of C++ math and stats functions, including quaternion,
octonion, and many others,
(and math constants of course)
which are _fully_integrated_

before C++ will get many users.

So there is a chicken and egg problem here.

Only Boost looks likely to lay the miracle egg!

Paul

Dr Paul A Bristow, hetp Chromatography
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal, Cumbria