From: Darryl Green (green_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-26 21:04:30

There are very few third party libs that do anything like what qt does (add
"keywords" using a preprocessor) - and just as well.

> Do we really want to change our libraries because of the rudeness of
> others?

Obviously nobody would want to. However, pragmatism might lead one to make a
change in this case. FWIW, I'm currently involved in 2 projects at work, 1
will be using boost signals (if all goes to plan), the other is using Qt.
There is currently very little reason to expect that code will migrate
between these 2, but.. I wouldn't rule out a future project using both.
Regardless of its failings so far as playing nicely Qt is useful. It is
sufficiently widely used already that changing it/all code written using it
does not seem a credible option.

Regards
Darryl Green.