From: Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve (rwgk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-28 20:13:13

--- David Abrahams <david.abrahams_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> If there is a dependence, it's not new. Python can be compiled with or
> without thread support; I'm guessing that one of the Python.h facilities
> used by the extension module is using it somehow.

We still believe the dependence is new:

- We have been running automatic nightly builds for many weeks. Until two or
three days ago there have been no problems under SunOS/gcc. We have not changed
the version of Python (2.2.1 with threads) for several weeks.

- We are not using threads anywhere in our code.

- We just did some tests: the ld.so error message also appears with a Python
that was compiled with --without-threads.

- Now for Linux/gcc (!): The exact same source code works with both threaded
and unthreaded Python 2.2.1 (both times everything compiled from scratch).

Ralf