From: Eric D Crahen (crahen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-11 13:42:56

I'm posting to ask if there is any interest in a thread library
that has taken a different approach than boost.threads? I have a
thread library that provides a more OO interface, has different
methods to deal with things like cancelation and as well as some
other things. It's very nice for working with task-oriented
designs. I'm not suggesting it as a replacement for boost.threads
or anything like that. The design of the two libraries is pretty
different and I wonder if maybe including options for either would
be better than trying to address everything in one library. It seems as
though there are situations where either one might be a little more
suitable than the other for different applications (you want to use
scoped locking all the time, or you want the option of doing it
explicitly, you want to use a cancelation mechanism or you want to use an
interruption mechanism, and so on)

I've talked to William in the past and he suggested I ask the
members of the list (and I've also had that suggestion from several
of my users); I've just been busy till now :)

This is a link to library,
http://zthread.sourceforge.net

I'd be interested in any feedback you might have. I'd also like to
make some kind of contribution (as long as it would be helpful)

- Eric
http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~crahen