From: Fredrik Blomqvist (f_blq_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-12 10:07:18

>I'd like to have assertions that include a stack
>traceback. Is it possible to do this portably? Does
>such a lib already exist?

I have recently been using Jani Kajala's stacktrace
library: http://www.helsinki.fi/~kajala/code.html
(MSVC and it uses the map-file for name-lookup)
Just put it inside a simple assert-macro and all is
well!

But regardless of the specific techniques used it
should be realatively easy to hide it behind a uniform
interface. Compared to threads forex this should be
quite doable IMHO.
I'd really like to see something similar in boost!

/Fredrik Blomqvist