From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-12 11:18:57

Hello Dan'l Miller,

I would appreciate it if you refrained from using Stepanov's name to back
up your arguments, unless you have in fact talked with him about
boost::dyn_bitset and can quote him.

I'm glad that you are concerned about new libraries conforming to the "STL
vision". I agree that when considering new libraries we should take a
serious look at how well they interact with the STL, and whether they make
use of generic programming when appropriate. I feel that I have a fairly
good grasp of what is the "STL vision". I worked for Alex Stepanov at SGI,
in the C++ compiler and libraries group, and Alex was a big supporter of
my master's thesis work, the Matrix Template Library. Further, he recently
endorsed my book about the Boost Graph Library by writing the foreward.

But enough of that. In the following I'll try to address the technical
aspects of your concerns.