From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-12 19:16:39

I downloaded some CVS stuff (and SSH stuff) so I can try out Boost's CVS
access on SourceForge. I downloaded Boost 1.28.0 this way; before I
downloaded a big ZIP file. I noticed some size differences:

Boost 1.27.0
============
14,940,955 bytes actually used
16.9 MB of allocation space
2,399 items

Boost 1.28.0
============
17,977,695 bytes actually used
26.1 MB of allocation space
4,233 items

The installations were on different drives, but they both had a 2KB
allocation block size. Was a lot of stuff added to Boost in this version,
or does CVS add a lot of overhead, or does my client's (Mac CVS Pro 2.7d3)
CVS implementation add extra overhead?

I turned on ISO Latin-1 translation in my CVS options, so people's names so
up correctly. However, two files had weird line spacing, looking like
double space. The files were:

/libs/tuple/test/io_test.hpp
/libs/graph/example/adjacency_list_io.cpp

Maybe someone wrote these files on DOS/Windows, uploaded them in binary
(mistake!), and I downloaded them assuming they were UNIX text, converting
the CR-LF to CR-CR.

Also, a filename longer than 31 characters sneaked through. What I got was:

/libs/property_map/const_associati...operty_map.html

Can it be fixed?

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie