From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-14 10:25:56

At 11:42 PM 6/10/2002, Howard Hinnant wrote:

>Part of the motivation for dyn_bitset (imho) is to give clients of
>vector<bool> a place to migrate to so that we can deprecate
>vector<bool>.

When you say "deprecate vector<bool>", don't you really mean "remove the
vector<bool> specialization"?

In other words, if someone wants the std::vector interface, they will
continue to use std::vector<bool>. They just won't get a specialization
anymore.

Thus it doesn't seem to me that a dynamic bitset template has to support
vector<bool> syntax for backward compatibility reasons.

--Beman