From: Eric D Crahen (crahen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-18 12:08:11

On Jun 18 2002, William E. Kempf wrote:

> The difference between cancellation and interruption is very subtle.

The difference between the behavior you can achive using one mechanism or
the other isn't as subtle as it may seem at first. Interruption can be
used as a message and isn't neccesarily terminal where as cancelation is
always (eventually) a terminal operation.

> Eric, maybe you should write that paper that compares and contrasts the
> two libraries in depth. The comparison would be useful for both of us,
> and would make it easier for people to decide if there is benefit in
> having two libraries.

That's a good idea. I will try to move that up on my list of things to do.
I know promised that to you before, but my summer ended up filled a bunch
of different projects pretty quickly. =)

- Eric
http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~crahen