From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-18 19:14:43

I have a member function template which needs to manipulate a type which is
incomplete at its point of declaration. For compatibility with VC6/7, the
template must be defined in the class body. For compatibility with
conforming compilers, it must not be defined in the class body, because
they will complain about the incomplete type. I think I want a config macro
called BOOST_NO_OUT_OF_CLASS_MEMBER_TEMPLATES or something. I guess this
workaround also depends on BOOST_NO_TWO_PHASE_NAME_LOOKUP ;-), so maybe I
should just be checking BOOST_MSVC <= 1300...

Thoughts?

-Dave
                  David Abrahams
      C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) O__ ==