From: Sven Moritz Hallberg (pesco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-19 02:04:28

On Wednesday 19. June 2002 06:52, Martin Bosticky wrote:
> Is there a Command Line Parser or something around that people use a lot? I
> am getting really annoyed having to write command line interpreter class
> for each new project. I don't know how well this fits in with the concepts
> of boost but surely this is a repeated problem that everybody has every
> time they create a new project?

I attempted to write a great grand solution to command line parsing for boost
a while ago, but failed to get all the different schemes of command line
options under one hood. Because I hate having to deal with the problem
everytime myself, I recently built a tiny command line parser which accepts
only bare POSIX-style options. So it's as good as POSIX getopt but supports
standard containers, exceptions, etc. Unfortunately I don't have access to
any webspace, so I can't put it up anywhere. But I'll attach the little
example program I used to test it, so you can see if it could help you.

Regards,
Sven Moritz