From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-19 18:41:24

This is list of the names and descriptions of the interface macros used to
support file-iteration, please let me know if anyone doesn't like any of them,
or ask me a question. This is not intended to be documentation, just macro
names and short explanations of what they are use for (not how they are used).

If anyone has any problems with these names or wishes me to clarify. Let me
know.

Paul Mensonides

-----

BOOST_PP_IS_ITERATING

    Is defined if the library is currently iterating over a file.

BOOST_PP_ITERATION_DEPTH_LIMIT

    Expands to the maximum file-iteration depth supported by the library.
    This value is currently 5.

BOOST_PP_ITERATION_LIMIT

    Expands to the maximum number of file-iterations supported by the library
per depth of iteration. This value is currently 256.

BOOST_PP_DEFAULT_LBOUND

    Expands to the default lower bound (if unspecified) that the library uses.
This is currently defined as 0 to match the horizontal primitives like
BOOST_PP_REPEAT.

BOOST_PP_DEPTH()

    Expands to the current depth of iteration. Initially, this is zero, but is
incremented whenever an iteration is entered.

BOOST_PP_FILE_ARG()

    Expands to the number associated with the current iteration.

BOOST_PP_RELATIVE_ARG(i)

    Expands to the number associated with the current iteration or outer
iterations. BOOST_PP_RELATIVE_ARG(0) is equivalent to BOOST_PP_FILE_ARG().
BOOST_PP_RELATIVE_ARG(1) is equivalent to the number associated with the outer
iteration immediately preceding the current one. BOOST_PP_RELATIVE_ARG(2)
expands to the one before that, etc..

BOOST_PP_LBOUND()

    Retrieves the lower bound of the current iteration.

BOOST_PP_UBOUND()

    Retrieves the upper bound of the current iteration.

BOOST_PP_BOUND

    User-defined macro for setting the boundaries of a iteration.

BOOST_PP_SET_LBOUND()

    Macro used to set the lower bound of the next iteration. In conjunction
with BOOST_PP_BOUND, this abstracts the depth of iteration.

BOOST_PP_SET_UBOUND()

    Macro used to set the upper bound of the next iteration. In conjunction
with BOOST_PP_BOUND, this abstracts the depth of iteration.

BOOST_PP_RELATIVE_LBOUND(i)
BOOST_PP_RELATIVE_UBOUND(i)

    Similar to BOOST_PP_RELATIVE_ARG, but returns the lower and upper bounds,
respectively, of outer iterations.

BOOST_PP_LINE(line, file)

    Debugging macro that appends all the current iteration values to the
filename in a line directive.

BOOST_PP_FILENAME_1
BOOST_PP_FILENAME_2
BOOST_PP_FILENAME_3
BOOST_PP_FILENAME_4
BOOST_PP_FILENAME_5

    Macros used as filenames for the mechanism to iterate over. These cannot be
abstracted, but the BOOST_PP_DEPTH() macro can be used to set the right one if
necessary.

BOOST_PP_ITERATE()

    Macro used to begin an iteration.