From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-21 18:33:06

> I, for one, am highly entertained! Your idea helped me to think
> of this. Is this a new idea? It works (i.e. it prints "C++")
> when compiled with the IBM compiler. I guess that the next step
> is a make_three_letter_word function.

The only problem is how many characters you can store and how they are stored is
platform dependent. Of course, you could make some configuration file. Comeau
C++ errors on me if I put more than 4 characters in a multi-character literal
though. sizeof(int) / sizeof(char) == number of characters.

Apparently, this is the kind of thing that us meta-programmers come up with--new
ways to misuse the language or, at best, use the language in an unprecedented
ways that it was not designed for. :)

Paul Mensonides