From: Eric Friedman (ebf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-24 17:02:48

Despite having received no feedback <g>, I continued to work on my
boost::variant implementation over the weekend. The product of my labors
is a variant that has been tested successfully with GCC 2.9.5 and MSVC
7.

The new version is available at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/variant.zip -- I've renamed
the old one.

I would really appreciate if I could get feedback (public or private) on
this work; I think it addresses most of the issues raised by the Boost
community in the "Proposal --- A type-safe union" thread that bounced
around a few weeks ago. I am aware that my implementation lacks support
for recursive types, and I intend to address this issue next.

Thanks,
Eric