From: Darryl Green (green_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-25 22:12:02

We have been using portions of boost here-and-there for some time, but are
only just starting to use it more extensively. The delayed adoption has been
largely due to the large amount of existing code being maintained vs. the
amount of new product. In new code we are using smart pointers, threads,
signals which (to varying extents) it is not altogether desirable to mix
with other existing code (one thing we are doing is replacing ACE in new
code - it is a bit of an undertaking to replace it in existing code and a
mixture is not pleasant to contemplate or maintain).