From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-27 05:25:21

As a user who put off using many Boost bits for too long,
for the reasons you say, and despite the discussion Dave A referenced,
perhaps I can just say that you do have to have the whole thing.

It takes while to download, clutters your disk, but once there,
the only thing a MS IDE project (for example) needs to do is
to add the top level Boost directory to the list of include locations.

It doesn't clutter or slow your build in any way because
only the bits needed are #included. Pretty Painless really.

Go for it.

Paul

Dr Paul A Bristow, hetp Chromatography
Prizet Farmhouse