From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-27 09:42:36

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 08:57:48 +0200, Daniel Frey
<daniel.frey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>Gennaro Prota wrote:
>>
>> [Cool idea snipped]
>> But I suspect there's not much interest in this.
>
>At least it integrates with the current version easily:
>
>--- declare array_traits like this (directly after 'namespace boost')
>---
> [proposed modifications snipped]
>
>Merging it with the old source should be a problem, if it is, I could
>post the complete code again...

The big problem with your code is that is doesn't properly terminate
the recursion at instantiation time. It's easy to fix that, but I
recommend you to hear the general feeling here among developers before
making changes. With such modifications the code is even more complex
than the original compiler-killer version ;-)

>The question that remains is: Is it useful? Does it have a good syntax?

Frankly I wrote it just for fun. I suppose it's not considered that
useful.

Genny.