From: Fernando Cacciola (fcacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-27 17:44:09

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joerg Walter" <jhr.walter_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] uBLAS formal review

I see. But then, is MultiplicativeAbelianGroup ever used?

> [snipped]
>
> I notice that some headers and some jamfiles contain explicit directives
> > supress warnings. IMHO, this is kind of cheating, actually. I would
prefer
> > if warnings were removed with appropriate coding instead, whenever
> possible
> > at least.
>
> The disabled compiler warnings usually are really dumb (like BCC telling
us
> 'can't inline this function because it uses ...'). I'm rather sure, we're
> not cheating here.
>
> > Tests:
> >
> > I tried to compile test1 with bcc5.5, but I get this error while parsing
> > test12.cpp:
> >
> > matrix_et(559): E2034, Cannot convert 'const std::complex<float>' to
> 'int'.
>
> Sorry for breaking the Borland build. I've just rechecked that. Please
> change the offending lines from something like
>
> return const_iterator1 (*this, it1, it2, it2 != it2_end ? *it2 : 0);
>
> to something like
>
> return const_iterator1 (*this, it1, it2, it2 != it2_end ? *it2 :
> value_type ());

Great! I'll do that.

BTW: I'm not entirely sure that value_type() initializes to '0' for built-in
types. I think this is specified by the std but I seem to recall that some
compilers don't get it right. It might be safer to use value_type(0)

Cheers,

Fernando Cacciola
Sierra s.r.l.
fcacciola_at_[hidden]