From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-28 16:07:33

From: "Benedikt Weber" <weber_at_[hidden]>

> > > size_type size1 (size_type size1, size_type size2) {
> > > (void) size2;
> > > return size1;
> > > }
> >
> > Works with almost everything, except older EDG compilers. However,
nobody
> > complains about the unnamed/unused parameter.
> >
> > -Dave
> >

> It's not clear to me what your position is about unused arguments. I a
had a
> lot of warnings on CodeWarrior and suggested to just switch these
warnings
> off. But you wrote:
>
> > I tend to disagree. Those warnings should be cleaned up before the
library
> > is released. They'll bite somebody, and, heck, reviewing them might
> uncover
> > a bug.**

Yep. So where's the lack of clarity? Ask a specific question, and I'll try
to answer.

Maybe you misunderstood the post at the top. I meant to say "no compilers I
know of will complain about an unused parameter if you don't give it a
name".

-Dave

**BTW, I was talking about warnings in general, not just unused argument
warnings.