From: Benedikt Weber (weber_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-29 03:55:39

> If valarray<> usual implementations can't be trusted, I would code a
> valarray like, POD-optimized, class as part of ublas and use it. It
doesn't
> need much of the valarray<> interface, so it can be quite simple.

This sound reasonable but you also have to consider:

1) The current implementation using copy with iterators allows to assign a
real matrix to a complex matrix. So you gain flexibility here. You would
need several specializations to get the same effect with a POD-optimized
array.
2) You don't have as many array assignments with with template expressions
as you would have without. Basically you have only one array assignments per
statement if you use operator= and none at all if you use assign.

Benedikt