From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2002-07-01 12:40:38

I've got a working Win32 StackWalk going, uploaded to
StackTraces/Win32_StackWalk.zip.

It assumes a cross-platform API of:
  template <typename OutputIterator>
  void walk_stack(OutputIterator out);
which writes "void *" values to "out", and:
  template <typename InputIterator, typename OutputIterator>
  void stack_symbols(InputIterator first, InputIterator last, OutputIterator
out);
which reads "void *" values from [first, last) and writes "std::string"
values to "out".

Also included are some Win32 extensions to the generic StackWalk API.

Any comments are welcome on any of the categories below:
. The generic API
. Win32 extensions to the generic API
. Implementation details
. Test results (in particular, I don't have access to a WinME machine)
. MSVC/Cygwin testing
. Anything else :)

Please note that, while the included "test" program should be portable, the
"map2dbg" tool (required for Borland users) is *not*. The "map2dbg" tool
included here will only work for BCB6. A "map2dbg" tool that works for BCB4
and BCB5 can be downloaded from Lucian Wischik's site at
http://www.wischik.com/lu/programmer/. A more generic "map2dbg" tool is the
next thing I'll be working on...

        -Steve