From: Lars Gullik Bjønnes (larsbj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-02 06:01:17

Bjorn.Karlsson_at_[hidden] writes:

>> From: larsbj_at_[hidden] [mailto:larsbj_at_[hidden]]
| [snip]
>> It would be nice if someone bothered to answer...
| [snip]
>
| Even Boosters take a few days off from time to time...in this case, the
| maintainer of boost.regex is unavailable, but I think he'll be back in about
| a week.

I guess you noticed that the original mail was posted june 12...
(even getting someone else to tell that the maintainer "is now at
vacation, please repost in 1,2,3,4 weeks" would suffice)

To me this seems to be one problem with Boost, all developers just sit
on their own turf (read: library) and does not bother to look at
others.

In essence this mean that using boost.devel to report bugs is just a
waste of time, you always have to get in contact with the library
maintainer (which is most often one single person.) It would be a lot
better if the "hard-core" boosters also looked at other libraries and
helped to get obvious and easy patches committed without having to
rely on just the library maintainer.

Note that I am not claiming that the patch in question is obvious or
correct... but when I post small snippets/patches to boost.devel the
usual response is utter silence... only when I start pestering people
and resending patches do I get a response.

Even if this sounds a bit negative, I am really grateful for the time
and effort the boosters put into this.

--
	Lgb