From: Johan Nilsson (johan.nilsson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-02 07:02:07

"Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> From: "Johan Nilsson" <johan.nilsson_at_[hidden]>
> >
> > Anyway, as long as correlation between absolute system time (xtime is
time
> > elapsed since midnight, 1st of Jan 1970, or?) and sleep goodnight/wakeup
> > times are a concern, you'd have to use the time increment acquired from
> GSTA
> > as timeGetTime() and QueryPerformanceCounter() et al simply returns a
> > counter.
>
> Yes, timeGetTime() et al are "monotonic time" and not UTC time; I don't
know
> why UTC was chosen for Boost.Threads.

No, it doesn't really make sense. What if the system time changes during
sleep? Why not simply use a relative time - is this due to POSIX
conformance?

Thanks for the pointer to the KB article on Performance Counters. I've heard
there might be issues with power management and QPC, but never heard of this
one.

// Johan