From: Pete Becker (petebecker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-02 08:26:20

At 01:32 PM 7/2/2002 +0300, Peter Dimov wrote:
>The entire Windows family has... pretty inadequate timing support, but I've
>found timeGetTime (in conjunction with timeBeginPeriod/timeEndPeriod on NT)
>to be the least broken approach (1 ms resolution.)
>
>QueryPerformanceCounter has better resolution, but is much less reliable.

An xtime object holds the elapsed time since the epoch. You can't get that
information from timeGetTime or QueryPerformanceCounter. There's nothing
wrong with using GetSystemTimeAsFileTime; you just have to allow for
jitter, which is pretty much unavoidable regardless of where you get your
time information from.

        -- Pete

Dinkumware, Ltd.
"Genuine Software"