From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-05 06:41:24

Without wishing to withdraw my support for this package,
I have to report that with regret I have stopped trying
to evaluate it further with MSVC.net 7.0.

The reason is that many files contain CR, CR (0x0D, 0x0D)
rather than CR, LF ( 0x0D, 0x0A) in quite a few places.
These are invisible to the MS IDE editor and Textpad,
except in binary display mode. Linux/Microsoft difference?

After much scratching of my head,
and eventually removal of tuffs of hair,
I conclude this produces terminal confusion to the compiler,
and to me!

Symptoms include:

C4076 warnings (newline expected after preprocessor command),
compile and runtime dependence on layout characters like blank lines,
lines which only work correctly when deleted and retyped identically,
lines which are not compiled and/or executed,
errors reported on the wrong lines,
and the wrong source lines showing during debug.

I believe that this MUST be corrected before the code can
enter the Boost collection.

Paul

Dr Paul A Bristow, hetp Chromatography
Prizet Farmhouse