From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-07 14:03:54

"David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> One thing I think I should add to the ongoing discussions of regression
> testing -- if you don't care about .html compiler status pages, you can
run
> all the boost regression tests by executing
>
> bjam -sTOOLS="..." test
>
> in boost's status subdirectory. The primary advantage of this method is
> that it will only build out-of-date tests (you can run all the tests
> unconditionally by adding the "-a" command-line option before test). You
> can also run specific tests and test suites by naming them on the

Should not this to be documented somewhere?

> command-line. See status/Jamfile for the list of test targets. See
It could be unclear from just looking on status/Jamfile that any_test and
bind are these "test targets". You may need to be more specific what test
targets are .

> tools/build/testing.jam for a description of what the testing rules do.

Is there plans to document testing.jam and unit_test.jam? At least some
description of rules defined there abd when they are suposed to be used
would be of great help.

> -Dave

Gennadiy.